- Canada Immigration continuously works for streamlining the immigration process for various visa categories by offering various programs. In addition to these procedures Canada has introduced the Student Direct Stream (SDS) Program on 8th June for International Students applying for students’ visa.
- Started to make the current process more streamlined and promote Canada as a destination of choice for International Students seeking quality education.
- For speeding up the student visa processing for full time studies in both the colleges and universities in Canada for India Student Direct Stream (SDS) Program is introduced. Being supported by a leading Canadian Financial Institution Scotia Bank, which will provide an opportunity to the eligible students to purchase a GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate). The financial statement requirements of the SDS Program will be satisfied by the GIC.
SDS Program Requirements
Students applying for a program under SDS must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Firstly, the students need to take admission to a full-time study program in a publicly-funded post-secondary institution such as universities, colleges, institutes or CEGEP
- The minimum IELTS score 6 Bands for each ability (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking) taken within past two years
- The applicants also needs to purchase a special Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from Scotia bank of CAD$10,000 which will cover all living expenses for the first year of stay in Canada
- The applicant needs to show Proof of Payment of the tuition fee for one (1) year
- Lastly the applicant needs to complete medical examination at least one week before submission of the application.
- Faster processing time: India – Maximum 7 Weeks, China – Max of 3 Weeks, Philippines – Maximum of 5 Weeks and Vietnam – Maximum of 15 Weeks
- More than 1400 colleges of DLI ( Designated Learning Institution) number will now be accepted against just 47 colleges of SPP Program which will share reduce the massive load of those colleges
- The success ratio of visa approval will be much more higher than the regular study program
- SDS compliments the Express Entry system as these students will be placed to continue on the path t Permanent Residence (PR) and Citizenship of Canada after completing their studies in Canada, if they wish to.
- Faster visa processing time.
Documents Required for SDS
- Copy of Acceptance Letter for College/University
- Copy of Medical Exam Confirmation Document
- Proof of GIC of CAD$10000
- Proof of tuition fees for first year of Study
- IELTS Academic Result Card
What are the advantages of studying in Canada?
- World class institutions
- Lower cost
- Safe and healthy environment for students
- Work while studying
- Eligible for Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP)
- Opportunity to Apply for Permanent Resident in Canada