GENERAL SKILLED MIGRANT PROGRAM
Australia’s economy remains one of the strongest in the world, offering millions of jobs every week, making it an extremely preferred destination for highly skilled young people. It also exhibits that Australian employers require skilled workforce for achieving their organizational goals.
The eligibility of skilled migrants, who desire to immigrate to Australia, is assessed on a point-based system. In this system, points are awarded after considering the age, work experience, qualifications and language proficiency of the aspirant.
The applicants need to satisfy the following threshold requirements:
- Submit an expression of interest (EOI).
- Have an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupation list.
- Be under 50 years of age at the time of applying for a visa.
- Meet the threshold English language requirement of competent English.
- Have a suitable skills assessment for that occupation.
WHICH VISA WILL I BE INVITED FOR APPLY FOR?
The visa you are invited to apply for – and the time taken to be invited – will depend on factors such as:
- Your points score.
- The number of states that have a shortage in your occupation
- The number of people in the pool in your occupation
- Your willingness to live and work in a regional area.
KEY STEPS IN THE SKILLSELECT PROCESS
Your visa application under the new Skill Select policy will involve:
- Obtaining a positive skill assessment in your trade or occupation
- Preparing and filing an EOI
- Applying for state sponsorship or family sponsorship (if required)
- Lodging visa applications for you (and family members if applicable)
We can manage all steps for you to give you the highest chance of success.
HOW CAN I FIND OUT IF I QUALIFY AFTER 1 JULY?
We can provide you with a detailed summary of the steps and costs for a skilled migration visa. Get your free online assessment and get things moving.