Studying abroad and getting the foreign degree has now a days become an audacity which the students could put on their sleeves. The kind of opportunities it opens up in the highly competitive market has made a country like India a massive market for the foreign universities. But Study Abroad is never an easy job. Before you choose the country where you want to earn your degree, there are a plethora of options available. There are a lot of countries and university options in our mind with multiple pros and cons. Not only the ideal option continues to be a mirage, the checklist seems never ending and so are the complications.
Just to spice it a bit, there is an island nation which is the fastest growing economy in the Europe which has experienced a steep rise in the quality of education and research. The Country has a Silicon Valley of its own attracting a huge chunk of aspirants in the last decade or so. As many of you would have guessed till now, it’s Ireland (Republic of Ireland).
Ireland, these days, stands tall amongst the other big guys like US, UK, Australia and provides a number of opportunities to the students with a very precise and organized educational setup. Apart from its scintillating landscapes and beer friendly culture, here is a way, how the island nation could keep your Educational neurons interested:
- • All Irish universities rank in the top 4% globally. #1 in Europe for international student satisfaction!
- • Irish universities are in the top 1% of research institutions in the world across 18 academic disciplines. The Irish Government invests over €782 million annually in research in Ireland’s higher education institutions.
- • Ireland is 14th in global rankings for the quality of scientific research.
- • Education Model works similar to that of UK. Duration of a post graduation course is 1 year only.
- • Universities/colleges offer multiple courses and cosmopolitan environment with excellently designed curriculum.
Some of the top university includes Trinity College Dublin, Maynooth University, University college Cork, University College Dublin, Dublin City University, University of Limerick, Dublin Business School to name a few.
The international students (Non-EU students) in Ireland are in the friendliest of zones where they are warmly welcomed and accepted. ‘The Emerald Isle’ is green, safe & clean and provides highest environmental standards for the international students. It offers young and vibrant culture with high standard of living. Ireland not only provides a quality education at nominal fees but also provides ample working opportunities during and after studies. Here is a look at some of the key points:
- • Students undertaking full time study are permitted to work up to 20 hour/week in term time and 40 hours/week (full-time) during vacations.
- • Irish economy grew at 7.8% in 2015 – the fastest rate in Europe. Unemployment has fallen for past 3 years, down to 7.1%. Thus providing high and spirited working conditions for employment seekers.
- • Many IT multinational companies (Google, Ebay, Cisco, Paypal, Twitter etc), pharmaceutical companies (GSK, Pfizer, Amgen etc) have their headquarters and corporate offices in Ireland. Dublin is home to many Silicon Valley technology firms’ European headquarters.
- • Besides all, Ireland provides 2 year work permit to international students after successful completion of 1 year of Post Graduate study and students could avail 5 years work permit after getting job. Availability of a PR option acts as a bonus.
With tremendous employment opportunities to go along with quality education, it is quite evident why Ireland is creating a buzz at the world education arena. With its student friendly environment to the amenities and relaxations to the quality studded education compliances, the nation definitely has a vision ahead for its students and the workings of its education industry is working in direction of high standards and growth of nation.