Studying in Australia: Australia is both a country and a continent and is closest to Indonesia & New Zealand. It is located in the Indian and Pacific Oceans and is considered by some to be the “world’s largest island.”
Australia is currently the third most popular destination for international students in the English-speaking world, after the United States and the UK. Many international students choose to study there because of the cultural diversity, friendly natives, high quality of education and high standard of living.
Reasons to Study in Australia
Since Australia is the third most popular destination for International Students to study, let us discuss the reasons as why this country is given preference over other countries:
- Global Recognition – Schools and employers all over the world recognize degrees from Australian schools. Graduates from Australian schools are highly sought after due to the impressive international reputation of the Australian education system. This system is carefully regulated by the Australian government in order to maintain the high standards of education associated with the country.
- Growing Destination – Australia is currently the third most popular destination for International students after the United States and the U.K. Cultural diversity, friendly natives and high quality of education are the main factors for the same.
- Cost of Living – Standard of living of Australia is among the highest in the world. The tuition fee and living expenses are considerably lower than that of the United States and U.K. Students are also eligible to work part time with their studies allowing them to bear their living expenses effectively. Students can also opt for scholarships which lowers the tuition fee of the programs.
- Work Efficient – Students studying in Australia are allowed to work part time for up to 20 hours in a week. This comes as a great opportunity for students who want to earn money while studying which helps them to bear their day to day expenses
- Affordability – Studying in Australia is very much affordable as compared to other countries than the United States and the U.K. The fee structure is comparatively less as compared to the other countries. The estimated living expenses are around AU$12000 – AU$18000 per year.